Experience A Special Screening of The New BMW Film With Its Creators!
You’re invited to a very special screening of the new BMW Film “The Escape” at a spectacular venue: The beautifully restored, historic Heights Theater. “The Escape” is an action-packed salute to the Fifteenth Anniversary of the groundbreaking BMW Films. Created in 2001, the original eight short films starred Clive Owen as a mysterious driver for hire and featured a who’s who of top Hollywood directors and actors.
Presenting the new film will be its Executive Producer, Bruce Bildsten. Bruce led the team who created of the original films at the legendary Minneapolis ad agency Fallon in 2001 and was invited by BMW, along with former Fallon Producer Brian DiLorenzo, to create the big budget new film. Joining them will be Minneapolis director Patrick Pierson who filmed all the behind the scenes of the massive production. Bruce will not only share the new film on the big screen, but also revisit a few of the originals, as well as share behind the scenes content.
“The Escape” stars Clive Owen along with Jon Bernthal, Dakota Fanning and Vera Farmiga. Directed by Oscar-nominated director Neill Blomkamp, the stunts were coordinated the legendary Guy Norris. Like Norris’ “Mad Max: Fury Road”, “The Escape’s” extraordinary stunts were created with minimal special effects. And all of Owen’s driving was done by the Chief Driving Instructor at BMW’s Performance Driving School, Matt Mullins.
It will be an evening of BMW at its very best in a very special venue. Don’t miss it.
We will be meeting at The Heights Theater at 7pm, March 23 from 7 to 9pm. The event is free and open to everyone. It would be helpful, but not necessary, to express your intention to attend on our Face Book page at: https://www.facebook.com/northstarbmw/
More information on The Heights is available at: http://www.heightstheater.com/ It is a great area with ethnic restaurants and bars if you decide to make an evening of it.
Please follow this link to the trailer: http://bmwfilms.com/trailer-one
Motorwerks BMW would like to provide the following two items for the upcoming Film Event:
Extended Test Drive Experience
Enjoy a weekend of fun in the BMW of your choice curtsey of Motorwerks BMW from Friday – Monday. Must be 21 years of age and total miles not to exceed 400 driven.
BMW 101 Experience
The BMW 101 Experience is an exciting opportunity for customers to unleash the performance of a BMW during a specialized driving segment at the BMW Performance Center. Customers will also tour the BMW Manufacturing plant, where the BMW X3, X4, X5 and X6 are produced, and Zentrum, where the past, present and future of BMW come together in the only BMW museum in North America.
• The customer must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license.
• The customer may bring one guest (12 years of age or older). The guest can participate in the driving activities if he/she has a valid driver’s license. Guests who are 12 to 18 years of age must attend with a legal guardian.
• BMW 101 is available Monday through Friday; it begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.
What is Included?
• One-night hotel accommodations (double-room occupancy) and dinner and breakfast for the customer and one guest at the Greenville Marriott (check-in is the afternoon/evening prior to the scheduled experience date at the BMW Performance Center).
• Round-trip shuttle service provided by the Greenville Marriott (5:00 a.m. to midnight) from the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP) to the hotel and the BMW Performance Center.
• One two-hour driving session for the customer and guest who will share the driving time in a BMW similar to the model the customer owns. Under the guidance of a professional driving instructor, they will participate in an Autocross handling course, an ABS braking exercise, and a DSC demonstration on the skid pad. They will also have the opportunity to drive a BMW X5 or BMW X3 through an off-road course.
• An opportunity for the customer to schedule a vehicle overview session with a Product Specialist to learn more about BMW’s unique features and technology.
• Complimentary lunch at the BMW Performance Center on the day of the experience.
• A tour of the BMW Manufacturing plant and Zentrum museum (the factory tour and museum are subject to closings and blackout dates)
• Air travel is the responsibility of the winner
Event Announcements >